Because your reservation secures your sole-use of the reserved chalet, any cancellation by you for a timeframe that is unable to be re-sold, means a total loss of revenue for the chalet owner. In some cases, we may have turned other guests away due to your holding that chalet, therefore, the following cancellation policies apply.
At all times we endeavour to re-book cancelled accommodation. In any event we strongly advise guests to take out travel insurance to protect themselves against unexpected changes to their travel plans.
If a credit card was used as payment of the deposit the refund will be made to this card. Any other form of deposit payment the refund will be by online-transfer. This cancellation policy is strictly enforced.
RCR make no guarantee about the skiing or mountain or weather conditions. The booking/cancellation number must be quoted for all cancellations.
NB: If re-sale of cancelled accommodation nights causes additional servicing charges over and above the standard 1 x service per booking (e.g. 2 x bookings requiring 2 x cleans), the costs of any additional services will be deducted from any refund due.
COVID 19 – This is a tricky time for all of us. In terms of cancellation, if you or your region are placed into a lockdown or isolation where you cannot travel, we will issue you a full refund of all monies held. If you decide to cancel and there are no government restrictions for you to travel, then our normal cancelation policy will apply. We are happy to rebook the accommodation for a later date, within the same season.
For year-round reservations (excluding School and Public Holidays)
If notice of cancellation is received on or before 14 days prior to the commencement of your stay, you will receive a refund of funds held, less $35 administration fee.
If the cancellation occurs within that 14-days-prior-period, your funds held (or part thereof) will be forfeited unless the time-period reserved by you can be re-sold, in which case, you will receive a refund of funds held less $35 administration fee.
If re-sell does not occur, then the following applies:
If cancellation is received between 11-14 days prior to the first night’s accommodation (and re-sale does not occur), then 25% of the funds held is forfeited, in addition to the $35.00 administration fee.
If cancellation is received between 6-10 days prior to the first night’s accommodation (and re-sale does not occur), then 50% of the funds held is forfeited, in addition to the $35.00 administration fee.
If cancellation is received between 1-5 days prior to the first night’s accommodation (and re-sale does not occur), then 100% of the funds are forfeited.
School Holidays & Public Holidays
If your cancellation occurs before 40 days prior to your scheduled arrival date, then the total of your monies paid, less $35 admin fee is refunded.
If inside 40 days prior to your reserved arrival date and.
If your reserved timeframe is resold, then the total of your monies paid, less $35 admin fee is refunded, LESS any additional service costs incurred, due to the way the cancelled booking may get re-booked.
If your reserved timeframe cannot be re-sold and cancellation occurs, then 100% of your payment will be forfeited.
A deposit of 50% is required when making your booking. The balance for all bookings is due 21 days prior to arrival. The name on your credit card statement will be referenced as “Ruapehu Chalet Rentals”
Peak “Winter” Season Weekend Policy
(Mid-June to Late-October inclusive) All reservations must be for a minimum of two nights. If one of your reservation nights falls on a Friday or Saturday night, two weekend rate nights will be charged.
The reason behind this policy is due to the few weeks of the seasons that chalet owners make their properties available for private rental. If a weekend night has been reserved by a guest, another interested person cannot book that weekend.
Policy All reservations for Mardi-Gras weekend are strictly for a three (3) night minimum. This policy applies to all reservations taken for the annual Mardi-Gras weekend. Your booking over the Mardi Gras weekend will only be accepted for a period of 3 nights. No refunds apply if you stay less than the 3 x nights reserved. Bond – There will be a bond of between $500 to $800 that will be held on your card the day of you arrival. Please make sure there is enough funds on the card to hold this bond otherwise we cannot let you into your accommodation. Please note that in the case of malicious damage the full cost of remedial work will be recovered from the tenant, the $500.00-$800.00 bond limit will not apply. Once it has been determined that no damage/mess has been reported, we destroy the bond form. If a breach has occurred during your stay, we will then notify you and charge your credit card.
As with all travel arrangements, we recommend you take out TRAVEL INSURANCE to cover the cost of your pre-paid accommodation in the event that you have to make a last-minute cancellation, if certain conditions prevent you from travelling or if you need to check-out earlier than planned due to unforeseen (and insurable) circumstances. Take care to note under what circumstances you would be covered and if there are situations that might mean you have no cover. Check with your Insurance brokers or Insurance Company regarding insurance cover.
The following is the arrangement that you are agreeing to. Please make special note of these items. Each chalet is privately-owned and is available to be holiday-rented upon the following terms;
Terms: “The Owner”; The person who owns the said property. “The Tenant”; the person identified in the Booking Confirmation. “Ruapehu Chalet Rentals or RCR” of 16 Goldfinch Street, Ohakune. Ruapehu, NZ; as agents for the Owner. “The premises”; the physical property which is the subject of the rental as identified in the Booking Confirmation. “The rental” the financial total due for the rental as specified on the Booking Confirmation. “The Term” The Day and Date the tenancy commences through to 10:00am on the Day and Date the tenancy ends. “The Bond” A form completed by the tenant, signed, including credit card details held by RCR for potential charging if the said chalet is damaged in any way or chattels lost, damaged , or destroyed or for any other reason deemed by RCR as to warrant part or whole payment of the bond to the chalet owner. Please note in the case of malicious damage the full cost of remedial work will be recovered from the tenant, the bond limit will not apply. “Booking Confirmation/Form”; the form/sheet detailing information about the specific reservation.
This agreement is made BETWEEN the Owner and the Tenant.
The payment of the rental and/or a deposit by any means or reservation made using a credit card as a guarantee and/or the collection of the key/s by the tenant is deemed to be their acceptance of the conditions and terms of this agreement.
TERMS of RENTAL
Whereby the owner agrees to let, and the tenant agrees to rent the premises at the rental and for the term mentioned on the following terms and conditions;
The Rental shall commence on the day specified as “Arrive” on the Booking Confirmation with the collection the keys. The rental shall finish at 10:00am and the keys returned to Ruapehu Chalet Rentals on the day as specified on the Booking Confirmation as “Departure”.
The rental is payable in advance to RCR, and prior to picking up the keys to the property.
The completed Bond Form is required in advance by RCR, prior to the check-in date. The form will be retained by RCR until the completion of the rental term, whereupon the chalet is cleaned and checked for damage or losses. If enforcement of a bond charge is required due to damage or missing chalet property the tenant will be informed as soon as practical. This can be delayed if another tenant occupies the chalet in question, and RCR are unable to rectify the damage. Please note the full cost of remedial work will be recovered from the tenant in the case of malicious damage.
CONDITIONS OF RENTAL
The Tenant hereby agrees as follows:
- The tenant shall not permit more than the number of persons as specified on the Booking Confirmation to sleep at the premises. This breaks Fire Safety Regulations and, if this condition is broken, will result in immediate eviction and complete and total loss of rental and bond with no refund.
- The tenant shall keep the premises and surroundings in a clean and tidy condition.
- The tenant is responsible for the removal of all their rubbish/recycling generated during the tenancy. It must be removed completely from the premises. Ohakune has an excellent Recycling Centre. Directions for the Centre along with a pre-paid Council rubbish bag will be provided upon check-in. Ruapehu is green and recycling is encouraged. If rubbish and or recycling is required to be removed by Ruapehu Chalet Rentals from the premises at the completion of the tenancy, a $35 fee will be deducted from your bond prior to releasing any applicable bond refund.
- The tenant shall make good any loss or damage to the property or chattels therein, caused accidentally or wilfully or by carelessness, neglect or misuse. (Fair wear and tear excluded).
- The tenant warrants to not remove any chattels from the premises either during the occupation or upon vacating the premises.
- The tenant shall not keep pets at the dwelling without prior agreement and only in specific chalets accepting pets. Most chalets do not allow pets.
6b. NO SMOKING – No smoking is permitted in any of the Chalets.
- The tenant shall not assign, sublet, or in any way part with the possession of the premises.
- (a) The tenant shall not create excessive noise, nuisance or annoyance on the said premises to affect surrounding dwellings.
(b) The tenant shall not become intoxicated through excessive alcohol or come under the influence of legal or illegal substances on the premises.
- The tenant agrees to not re-position any chattels, furniture, beds etc.
- The tenant will ensure the property is secure upon vacating.
- The tenant shall leave the property as they found it and in a clean and tidy condition on the day the premises are vacated. Where the property is not left in a secure, clean and tidy condition, the Tenant agrees to pay for any costs to reinstate the property to a secure, clean and tidy condition.
- The tenant shall deliver the keys to the Office of Ruapehu Chalet Rentals by 10:00am on the day the premises are vacated. Failure to do so could incur a penalty equal to one night’s rental for each and every day the key remains outstanding. If you require a later checkout, prior permission must be sought through RCR and will not always be possible. If permission is granted by RCR for a later than 10:00am checkout, and actual checkout time occurs between 10:00am and 11:00am then no surcharge is applied. If permission for a later checkout was obtained and granted and your actual checkout occurs between 11:00am 12:00pm a $50.00 surcharge is payable, between 12:00 and 1:00pm a $75.00 surcharge is payable, and any point in time after 1:00pm, one full further night’s rental is payable. Late checkout can result in our having to organise and pay premium service crew charges and can also result in inconvenience and sometimes relocation expenses for that chalet’s next guests.
- All rentals of less than 7 nights and crossing into either Friday or Saturday night will have 2 nights rental at the appropriate weekend rate for the chalet they are staying in as part of the rental for their stay.
- BOND: A form completed by the tenant, signed, including credit card details received by RCR prior to the check in date. A bond of good faith and responsible tenancy, ($500 bond applies to chalets sleeping up to 9 people. $1000 bond applies to chalets sleeping 10 or more) held by RCR for potential charging if the said chalet is damaged in any way or chattels lost, damaged, destroyed or for any other reason deemed by RCR as to warrant part or whole payment of the bond to the chalet owner. Please note that in the case of malicious damage the full cost of remedial work will be recovered from the tenant, the bond limit will not apply.
- Payment of 50% deposit is require at the time of booking. The balance for all bookings is due 21 days prior to arrival.
- There is NO REFUND for any cancellation or termination of the tenancy once the rental has commenced due to weather or other unforeseen circumstances. We recommend you take out travel insurance for protection against insurable unforeseen circumstances.
The Owner’s agent and/or the owner reserve the right to evict immediately any tenant who does not comply with any of the clauses in this agreement. If eviction does occur for any reason, any monies held are forfeited. The owner’s agent and/or the owner cannot be held responsible for any weather conditions during your stay nor do they make any guarantee as to predicted weather conditions.
Whereas Ruapehu Chalet Rentals makes every endeavour to ensure that the property is clean and equipped, ready for each tenancy, Ruapehu Chalet Rentals cannot be held responsible for any accident or unforeseen event beyond our control, which may affect the quality and/or duration of the tenancy.